Thursday, May 3, 2007

Good news!!

We heard from our agency this week that our dossier has been translated and certified and sent on the embassy - which is step #2 of the process. There are four steps in total. From here it should be 3-4 months!! I can't believe it...I feel like we're really going to have a baby - it's a surreal feeling after trying for so long and going through all we went through and now we are the closest we have ever been to actually having a baby.

I bought a few things! I bought the cutest "Lifebook," which is like a baby book, but specific for adoption, rather than childbirth. It's adorable! I also bought special "Jewish" pages to go in it - so we can record the baby's first Passover, Sukkot, etc...I can't wait to start filling it out. I also bought a Russian phrase book - so far I've only learned how to say "Please," but that's probably a nice word to know. I also got a book on baby/toddler development stages and a Consumer Guide to baby things...it makes me smile to look at all of it...

We need to start preparing the room - taking the wallpaper off, going furniture shopping, etc...

The other good news is Steven's baby was born - David Seaver Rosenberg - 4/29/07 - he's adorable!! He joins Laurie's baby Spencer Adam Burckhardt who was born 4/2/07...so many baby boys...will we be adding one more??? We'll see...

No comments: