Thursday, June 5, 2008

Interesting moment...

So...the other day I got a call from Miss Diane (Drew's daycare provider) - Drew had fallen and bumped his nose and it was beeding heavily and she was worried. I told her that when Drew gets bloody noses they last a long time and there's a lot of blood, but as long as he's not crying and he seems fine otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. Needless to say, Drew was fine and once it stopped bleeding, he was back to playing...

I was recounting this story to Grama who told me how Aunt Sheri also used to have horrible nose bleeds when she was little and they would gush and it was gross...

My first immediate though was, "Oh, I guess that's where Drew gets it from."

Of course a moment after that I realized that was obviously not the case, but it was so cool having that moment where I didn't remember that Drew was adopted...

Obviously I know I'm Drew's mother in every shape, way and form, but it was nice in that split second to completely forget that I didn't give bith to him and we don't share biology and obviously his nose bleeds have nothing biologically to do with Aunt Sheri's nose bleeds..

It's hard to explain, but it was just a nice feeling to have :)

Other than that - things are fine here...I am covered from head to toe in poison ivy though - it's awful!!!!!!!! But better I get it than Drew...Last year Ben had it pretty bad, so I guess it was my turn - lucky me...

The older boys will be here next weekend!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Drew will be soo excited to see his big brothers and spend lots of time with them. We have a fun summer planned - a big b-day party on June 28 for Drew and Ben (whose birthdays are 3 days apart - Drew on the 25th and Ben on the 28th) and we're also going down to to the Jersey shore for 4th of July weekend - woo hoo!!! Uncle Teevie - I'm calling you from outside the Tiki Bar!! LOL... I'm going to turn Drew into a Jersey Boy yet!

And of course, next weekend is my birthday and then Father's Day - Drew's first with his daddy and the first in a while where Chris and Ben will be here - so it will be a good day...

That's it for now!

No comments: