Friday, August 8, 2008

Full circle....

In 1997, when Patrick was an editor at The Hour in Norwalk and I was a reporter there, I gave him a leapord Beanie Baby named Freckles as a going-away gift. At that time, Beanie Babies were all the rage - I wrote stories about people who would line up for hours just to buy a Beanie Baby. They were the pre-Internet version of Webkins...

Through the years, Patrick has kept that Beanie Baby on his desk at his various jobs....

Yesterday, Patrick took Drew to work with him for a little while and Drew spotted Freckles on his desk and immediately said, "mine, mine...num, num" (Num, Num, is really meow, meow and what he calls cats).

So Freckles now belongs to Drew, who likes to stage fights between "Num Num" and "Bunny" - "Num, Num" usually wins...

I said to Patrick last night, "So, when I gave you Freckles, if I had said that 11 years from now we will be married and our son will claim Freckles, what would you have said??"

I guess everything comes full cirle....

_________________________________

On another note - tonight is the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the Olympics, I am OBSESSED with the Olympics, I can not overstate my fascination with the Olympics...

I'm hooping to get Drew into the 2020 Olympic games - he can already do somersaults and he likes to swing on bars...he's a natural gymnast. And, he can compete with either Kazakhstan or the U.S. - how great is that dual citizenship thing, huh???

So for the next two weeks or so, we will be watching the games and rooting for both of our countries! Go USA, Go Kazakhstan!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

This really is a comment for the previous post, but... Nick had a fish named Otto! He loved that books too. Our Otto lasted 13 days -- we hope yours does better!!!
Go USA!