Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm a nervous mom....

I just talked to the hospital and got the instructions for Drew's circumcision surgery. We have to be there at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, but he can't have any food after midnight and no liquids after 8 a.m. He is going to be a very unhappy, cranky boy! Thankfully he can have apple juice and ice pops until 8 a.m. and he loves ice pops and always cries when we won't let him have more than one - he'll be in his glory on Wednesday.

They said we can be with him until he falls asleep and when he wakes up, so that's good too. I told the nurse he has seperation anxiety and doesn't do well when neither Patrick or myself are around. We will also bring bunny with us for comfort...

I just hope it goes well and he's OK afterwards and there's not a lot of pain for him. I'm very worried...

Of course I got the typcial questions about his birth and exaplained that he was born full term, but other than that I didn't really know anything. Then she said, so you don't know his parents' medical history? I really wanted to say - yes, I know his PARENTS medical history, just not his BIRTHPARENTS medical history, but I refrained as this woman will be taking care of my child and I didn't want to piss her off...

I really wish people would learn the correct terminology!!

That's it...I hope Drew will be OK...

No comments: