Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy "A" Day Drew!!!

Today is the one-year anniversary of Drew's homecoming - his Adoption Day!! I can't believe it's been a year - it's amazing to look back and see what a different child he is now - how different we are now...I know a year ago at this time I was frekaing out because the following day was my first alone with him and I was scared out of my mind!!! LOL...now, it's just normal :) He's such an amazing little boy...I don't know how we got so lucky, but I'm glad we did...We celebrated with a special book "My Fmaily is Forever" and a dinner at Chuck E. Cheese's - I think this will be our new family tradition for A Day!

So - not sure anyone is actually reading this anymore, but I decided to end the blog at the end of the year...it's time to wrap it up and make this into a book for Drew to have as a keepsake someday. This blog has covered the whole adoption process, plus every major milestone for his first year at home...it's amazing to look back on...

For anyone still checking in - thank you for caring enough to follow our amazing journey and sharing our story...it means so much...

I will check in again before Jan. 1!!

1 comment:

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your story to Drew so openly. I think, if I am right you live in Conn.? I do too, in Stamford with my son Henry who I brought home from Kaz last Nov. '07 when he was 9 months old.

I am always so bad about commenting on blogs, I always feel a bit funny but I just wanted to say thank you.

I have blog that I also am about to end and I'm just in the process of starting a new one of our life now that Henry has been home a year.

My blog now is www.journeyto kaz.com/tarpey if you would like to read it.

Best of luck with Drew.

Carolyn Tarpey