Sunday, January 27, 2008

A party for Drew

On Friday Drew and I went to a party to welcome him home. My boss, Lois, hosted it and Drew got to meet many of the people I work with. It was so great and it was so nice for everyone to come out and meet Drew - of course these are the people who listened to me talk non-stop about this adoption for the past year, and sometimes it was more venting and complaining then talking. Of course there were also the times when I was on the phone with someone getting very upset and everyone could hear me talking over the cubicles - LOL...like when I freaked out on the Secretary of State's office in Indiana for "misplacing" our marriage licenses that needed to be apostilized!! :) I should note they showed up in the mail the next day!!! :)

Anyway - it was a great party - great food (Drew ate a lot, and so did his mommy!) and he got some wonderful and thoughtful gifts. There are a few pictures posted on the side of the blog of Drew enjoying his gifts. JoAnn - if you are reading this - I want you to know that Learning Puppy sometimes starts talking on his own when no one is in the room - it's a little freaky!!! Esther - the needlepoint matches his room perfectly!! Thank you all again so much - it was great to see you all and the party meant so much to me. Thanks again to Lois for being a great hostess - your place is so cute and I got a good parking spot!!

Nothing much else going on here...Drew and I have a busy week coming up - a playdate on Tuesday, Mommy and Me on Thursday and the Library on Friday. Saturday is Sisterhood Shabbat so Drew will be coming to temple for the first time for services!!! I am so excited - he loves to listen to Hebrew singing, so I wonder what he'll think. His favorite CD is the Hanukkah one that I have - I play it for him in the car. I guess I should find a Shabbat one or a Passover one if I can. Sunday we have lunch plans with my friend Christeen. We are a busy twosome!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

Christeeen said...

sounds like he had a great party! Cant wait to meet him on Sunday :)