Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A big thank you....

Tonight I was filling in some of Drew's lifebook (like a baby book, but specifically for adoption) and I read all of the reports we got from Kazakhstan about his life and why we were able to adopt him and I got so emotional. It's wierd, this is the first time these emotions really hit me...

I feel angry that a woman was able to have the privilige of giving birth to this beautiful little boy and she didn't want to keep him. I know there may have been some very good reasons for it, but I look at his little face and I can't even imagine what they could be. And then I feel so thankful to this woman I wish I could find her and hug her and thank her 1,000 over.

I wish I could tell her how wonderful this little boy is, how he loves to laugh and dance and read and play with his puppy. I wish she could see how he loves to splash in the bath, play with keys, shake his moraccas, play with his tools, etc...

I wish she could see how he gets a huge grin when he hugs his bunny to go to sleep, how he grabs my hand to bring me into the kitchen to let me know he wants some juice and how he get so proud of himself when he's able to feed himself that he has to put down his spoon or fork and clap.

But she will never see these things...I wonder if she thinks about him and what she thinks...

Tonight, I wish I could just find her and say, "Thank you."

No comments: