Thursday, May 1, 2008

Drew...the daycare bully????

So - apparently our son is the bully of daycare! He's been in a hitting phase lately and Patrick and I stop him when he does it to us, but he's been hitting a little boy in daycare too! They tell him to stop, and he does, but still...the funny part of this (I know, hitting is not funny, but...) this kid is a full head taller than Drew! I asked Miss Diane if Lucas hit Drew back, thinking that if he did, maybe Drew would stop. She said Lucas is afraid of Drew!!! Now I don't think I'm being biased when I say Drew is not a menacing looking child...he can throw a temper tantrum with the best of them, but he's generally a pretty sweet kid...

I hope this hitting phase is over soon!!!

Drew came home sick from daycare today - he had a cold and fever. They were trying to tell us if a kid's muscus is green it's a state law they can't be in daycare...I find it hard to believe there is such a statute though...anyway - it probably didn't help they had him outside playing all morning in 40 degree weather and his pants got all wet - ugh!!!

He'll be staying home tomorrow too and hopefully will get better this weekend - just in time to go back to daycare and catch another cold. Ah - the joys of working parenthood!!!

_____________

On a sad note, my coworker JoAnn passed away unexpectedly this week - she was only 44. JoAnn was a great coworker, an excellent journalist and listened to me endlessly talk about our adoption plans and traveling to Kazakhstan and Drew...she will be greatly missed.

No comments: