Sunday, May 11, 2008

A great Mother's Day!!!

I had a great day today!!! :)

My day started very early - apparently Drew just couldn't wait. He was up at 6:30 a.m. and he and Daddy went to Dunkin Donuts to get my favorite donuts for breakfast - yum!! Then I got great cards from Patrick, Chris and Ben and also a movie gift certificate...

Then Patrick pulled out a big box with a card from Drew on it. So I opened the big box, and inside was another box...and inside that waa another box...and so on and so on...until finally there was a card that said Drew's gift to me was under his pillow. So we all went upstairs and under Drew's pillow was a little jewelry box...inside were a beautiful pair of diamond stud earrings!!!! Drew did amazing for our first Mother's Day together...

I haven't worn earrings in so long, I was afraid they woudn't go in, but they did and they look great and I have no intention of taking them off!!

Then we drove to NYC for brunch at Aunt Lysee and Uncle Shawn's apartment with Grama. Aunt Lysee ran in a 4-mile race earlier this morning and still cooked a great brunch for all of us - we had a good time hanging out with everyone and Drew loved exploring the apartment and getting his fingerprints all over everything and touching everything and playing with everything!!

Drew slept the whole way home and we've just been hanging out tonight. We also discovered tonight that Drew knows how to climb up on his crib and also step on his zebra spinner to look out his window - not good!! If he keeps this up, it won't be much longer until we have to move Drew into a toddler bed - I say by July, Patrick says by Labor Day...we'll see...

So - Happy Mother's Day to Grama, Bubbie, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, my Aunts Susie, Marilyn, Lois and Angie, Drew's aunts Laurie and Lizzie (his only aunts who are moms - I'm not forgetting his other aunts: Hi Lysee, Sheri and Steph!), all my cousins who are moms and my wonderful friends who are moms...I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

HI! I found your blog in my search for other adoptive mom blogs. I am adoptive mom to 2 great children. Congrats on your son! He is an absolute doll!!!
We have friends who are doing missions work in his home country!
Many blessings!