Friday, March 14, 2008

Drew's busy week...

Ok - before I start this post...

Jennifer - Thanks for the note - I wasn't able to get onto your blog to see how your little girl is doing...can you send me an invite if you read this????

Now back to our show...

Drew had a good week, with lots of firsts:

1. Drew helped me make his first Hammentaschen (I probably spelled that wrong!). Hammentaschen are three-cornered cookies that are made for Purim - a Jewish holiday that's happening next week, The cookies symbolize the three-cornered hat that was worn by Haman. Haman tried to have all the Jews in Persia killed, but his plan failed, so we celebrate! (Can you tell I was my Hebrew school valedictorian!! LOL...) Anyway - we made blueberry, cherry and chocolate chips ones - Drew helped put the chips in, that is until he decided it was much more fun to eat them. He was cute though - when we had to put the cookies in the oven and take a break before we could do the next batch, he got very upset and insisted on continuing to fill the cookies. I'll post a picture of us baking on the side of the blog. We made them a few days early because Grama is coming up on Sunday and we can celebrate Purim with her. When I was little I used to bake Hammentaschen with Grama, so it's nice to continue this tradition with Drew! :)

2. We have our first refrigerator art from Drew!!! We had our last Mommy and Me class this week, which was sad cause we really liked it. We made "happy" collages - it's really cute. So it's up on the frige...

Drew had his eye doctor appt. today and the doctor said his eyes are very healthy - a good thing. Next week we see the pediatrician for our 3-month in the US check up and then we go for our hearing test - just a precaution, I think his hearing is fine.

I can't believe next week is my last one at home with him - so wierd. I was freaking out today about it with his daycare provider and she assured me things would be fine and it was normal to be nervous, but Drew will be fine...I'm still worried. She said I could call every half hour if I wanted though :) I may take her up on that. He's never been with anyone but us since he's been home. In my mind, I know he'll be fine, but emotionally I'm terrified!! I'll keep you all posted...

Next Friday I am going to visit Uncle Steve, Aunt Lizzie and cousin David in California!! I am very excited... Drew and Daddy are going to have a bonding weekend. Daddy better not take Drew to Hoosters - I don't think he's ready for that kind of bonding...

Chris and Ben are coming in a few weeks and Drew is going to meet his Aunt Stephie in a few weeks too!!! Aunt Stephie is going to Rutgers next year for her PhD so she's coming east (from Chicago) to check things out and then taking the train up to visit us - woo hoo...should be fun...

Tomorow is mine and Patrick's five year anniversary!! We had always talked about going on a trip to Europe for our five year, but I guess our "trip" to Kazakhstan took the place of that - LOL!!! Maybe we'll make it there for the 10 year???

Hmmmm...can't think of anything else right now. Drew does so many cute things all the time (and some not so cute things!!) that it's hard to remember them all. Generally, he's really a happy, curious and smart little boy who we are very lucky to call ours.

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

marsrob said...

Hey there! We don't have a locked blog anymore. We started a new one when we got home: thumblinifromkaz.blogspot.com (we don't use identifying info because it is open). Stay in touch!