Monday, March 3, 2008

Drew's weekend...

Drew had a very busy weekend with lots of vistors and visiting!!

On Friday my friends Jodi and Caryn came to visit for lunch and hung out with Drew for a while..he had fun reading with them them and hanging out. I hadn't seen either of them in a while so it was nice to hang out...and even nicer when I went out for dinner alone with them! :) No offense to Drew of course...

Saturday we went tile shopping, which I was very excited about...new tile for the bathrooms - woo hoo!!!!!!! Anyone who's seen our downstairs bathroom knows that it died in about 1968 - yellow and green - yuck!!! Black and white will be much better!!!

Yesterday we went to vist Jackie and Joe and their kids Jayne, Grace and Charlie and had a great time!!! Drew was walking around like he owned the place and had a great tiem playing with all the toys and Charlie's great car collection...he also learned to play the harmaonica and had everyone clapping for him. He LOVED Jayne and had so much fun with her - she was picking him up and carrying him around and he was giving her hugs...it was so cute to see!! I can't wait until Jayne is old enough to babysit!! :)

In general, Drew is doing great...Here's a few Drew facts :)

No more highchair!!! Drew is entirely in his big boy seat and has been doing great with using a fork and spoon on his own...he's such a big boy!!

Drew has also been letting us know after he poops or pees (sorry if too much info!) so we can change his diaper. I wasn't even going to think about training until he was 2, but maybe he's ready to just start sitting on the potty and getting used to it?? My baby is growing so fast - LOL...

So - it's been a while since I've had an update on Drew's big brothers...

Ben joined the track team this year!!! Woo Hoo - go Ben!!! Those of you who know Ben know he's a really good runner. So we can't wait to hear all his results...

Chris has been picked to be concert master next year in orchestra (I hope I said that right!!) - Chris has bene playing violin for years and also does all regional and state wide orchestras...

So - we have two very talented older boys...hopefully Drew will follow in his brothers' footsteps....

I go back to work three weeks from today...wow! Time flies...I have mixed feelings. I am looking forard to going back to my job - I like what I do and miss reporting and writing. On the other hand, I don't want to leave Drew anywhere or with anyone - it's so hard and there's no easy solutions...oh well - I, like all other mothers around the country, will figure it out and Drew will be fine...

No comments: