Friday, March 7, 2008

We have daycare!!!

We found and finalized daycare this week for Drew. I go back to work on March 24, so it was getting close. It's a home-based daycare and the woman has two other kids almost exactly Drew's age, which will be so good for him I think. There's also a few older kids there for after-school care, and it will be good for Drew to hang out with older kids too I think.

I can't believe I'm going back to work in two weeks - I feel like I've been gone soooo long, which I guess I have - my last day of work was Dec. 14. It's going to be wierd, and I know I'll freak out worrying that Drew is OK...I know he'll be fine, of course, and I'm sure it will be worse for me than for him.

Drew had a good week this week. He's outgrown so many of his 12-month clothes, which is great. We're able to start wearing all the cute 18-month clothes that he got, but we haven't been able to wear yet. This week we also got new sneakers, as he outgrew the other ones. Of course, the new ones look the same as the old ones since there's not too much of a selection in his size! We also got new socks, new undershirts and new PJs...

When we were at the mall today, Drew got sooo excited when he saw the Disney store! He started pointing at the big Mickey Mouse and squealing - it was so funny!! We went in the store and he had to touch all 101 dalmations I think!

We also had Mommy and Me this week, but Drew wasn't too into it. It was child yoga and he's not really able to balance on one leg and be a tree yet! LOL...so he decided it would be more fun to push a chair around the room...next week will be our last week of Mommy and Me as I have a dentist appt. the following week. All in all it was a good experience for Drew so I'm glad we did it.

We also had a playdate with Carrie and her twin boys this week, which was fun. The boys all thought it was hysterical to close and open the door to Drew's room and scream! They were all so cute...

Let's see - what else??? Hmmmm....Oh - Drew used his Cookie Monster towel the other day and I made the mistake of singing the "C is for Cookie" song for him - oh my god - he now wants me to sing that song over and over again all the time!!! He will start dancing and look at me and nod - that's my signal to start singing! When he wants me to sing "itsy bitsy spider" he starts moving his hands together like the spider! For a kid who doesn't talk yet, he really does get his point across well.

Have a good weekend everyone...enjoy the rain!!

1 comment:

marsrob said...

Wow, those photos of Drew are amazing! Last time we saw him in person was the day or two before he went home to CT!!!

Good luck adjusting with the daycare thing. You are probably right that it will be harder on you than him...I have found that Aila adjusts to things more easily than I do!!! Smile.

We send our best to your whole family!

Jennifer & Marshall Robinson in RI