Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally...a good dinner!!!!

Before i fill you all in on our great dnner..I fill you in on our great little guy!!!

Another good day was had with Drew - who played peek-a-boo for the first time, gave his Daddy a hug all on his own and was very cute about "hiding" his toys so no one else could play with them...he also was very excited to pick out his own animal cookie and put his blocks away himself by throwing them into his bag. He also really likes to put things in my mouth and then pulling them out and putting them in his mouth, and was playing a game with Patrick with putting fingers in mouths all over the place...a very unhygenic day, but fun was had by all! We also took pics today for court with the orphanage director and two doctors - both of whom come in for two secs, sit on the floor and pretend to play with the baby and then leave...it's pretty funny!

We hate saying goodbye to him after the two hours - it stinks...it also stinks we have to sit in this one little room with him. I should, however, give a shout out to grandmother for her soft blanket that Drew just loves to play on!!!

So, after we left Drew we decided to venture out and try and find a restaurant with an English menu. So we went to one place that looked nice and asked for an English menu, which they didn't have, but motioned for us to stay while they searched the restaurant for someone who knew English. Another patron there said he did and he helped us order! So we had really good grilled chicken, rice and french fries (hey, we can't eat any of the salad so we do the best we can with starches!!)...it was soo good!! Patrick had his first Kazakh beer, which he pronounced as better than Bud - so that's good I guess, right?? What's funny is, on the tables instead of wine and water glasses, there are shot glasses for everyone!!

While walking around a little boy looked at us and said, "Are you American?" - we said, "Yes." and he started giggling and walked away...I guess we're pretty obvious...

Tomorrow, in addition to being Drew's 16-month birthday, is the 15th anniversary of Kazakhstan becoming an independent republic - so there should be some big celebrations! Apparently everyone has off of work for the next three days for it!! I think our government should look into something similar for the 4th of July...

FR - I'm glad Kingy enjoyed the fish...did you sit next to him? I hope he behaved himself...and I can't imagine Drew would ever tell me "no." - LOL....

Kel - Since Auntie says it's OK...let's get the shots ready!! :) You bring the vodka, I'll bring the ginger ale and saltines!

Auntie - I think Cattie will have Drew running around in no time!!

Aunt Lois - Nope, Kazakhstan is nothing like the Borat movie!! I'll bore you with all our sightseeing pics when we get home!!

Christeen - Hormones?????? I hope that means the news I thought was good before I left is good news......and where are we having our next lunch???

Kristi - Your comments alays make me smile!

Uncle Steve - Guess who threw a ball for the first time today and had the best time doing it???!!!

I love all the comments everyone!!! :)

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Rosie- Oh, he is so, so adorable! I love seeing you all together and I'm so happy for you all!! I still remember the first time I held Olivia and knew she was mine... Wishing you all safe travels home and a quick return to FF and welcome to the FF Adoptive Mommies Group!!

Michelle

auntie said...

I just love reading your notes, I guess that is why you went into journalism. I can actually feel what you are describing. Give Drew a big kiss from all of us and lets keep our fingers crossed that he will be here for tree trimming. Either way he gets one big ornament that will be special.

Kelly said...

Okay, so how bad is it that I'm reading your blog to Quinn since Cole's napping?! It just has to be read out loud! It sounds like Drew is not only a cutie but smart, athletic and fun to be with too! I'm glad you two found a restaurant to RETURN to!

Kelly, Greg and Cole

jodi said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a great dinner. It's so great to hear all the different experiences Drew is having with you guys, and it sounds like he's having as much as you guys. Looking forward to more pictures!

KRISTI said...

Are you sure it was chicken? wink wink

It sure sounds like Drew LOVES his Mommy and Daddy. That's a big compliment to you.

Christine said...

He is so beautiful!! I love the pics of all of you!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! Baby James was born Monday morning! He decided to interrupt our viewing of the Indians/Sox game 7!

I can't wait to hear more about Drew. He is just a gorgeous little boy!!! He sounds like such a sweetie!

(redd1234)

Julie said...

Thanks so much for posting more photos of Drew! He is so cute, and sounds like he's doing really well bonding with Mommy and Daddy. I can't wait until you get to bring him home!!
-Julie (wintergirl)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are really getting to know this place, chicken dinners?, what do they normally eat? Are they big on fish or meats? Can't wait to hear about your lunch with your interperter. Does Drew eat table food or do they give him baby food? Sounds like you all are a very happy family. We are so happy for you. Looking forward to having the three of you home. Love AL & UH

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
Happy Independence Day! I wish we could celebrate with a three day holiday too!
Didn't that chicken taste good after all of the questionable edibles?
I really like seeing the photos.
Enjoy your time with Drew.
Esther

Christeeen said...

Beth - we can go to a celebration lunch when you come home - I have a few ideas for the place this time!! And YES its good news!! I go for my 1st u/s on Monday!! I am sooo nervous and excited at the same time! I love reading your blog everyday and love how Drew is getting so attached to Mommy and Daddy. Thanks for the shout out in your blog :) We all miss you in our group. Glad you had a good dinner. (christeeen - FF)

Applebee said...

Beth, Drew is absolutely adorable. I can't wait until he is home with you.

YAYY for the good meal!

marcy said...

finally got to log onto your blog.drew is absoultley beautiful. we can't wait to meet him. sorry about the yucky food. keep enjoying your visits with drew.