Thursday, October 11, 2007

Last post in the USA

It's Thursday night and we leave in less than 72 hours...how crazy is that?

I tried to start packing - not really sure how everything is going to fit in the suitcases we plan to bring. I guess it will all work out. But what purse should I take?? Ah - the important decisions to make!! LOL...

I went to temple tonight...everyone wished me a "Mazel Tov" and it was really nice. I even found out about others who grew their families through adoption. My family will be in good company.

Well - our flight leave at 5:10 p.m. Sunday, we land in Germany at 6:30 a.m. Monday, and finally end up in Almaty, Kazakhstan at 1:15 a.m. Tuesday morning - 10 hours ahead of the East Coast of the United States. We spend the day in Almaty on Tuesday and that night take the train to Taraz - about 400 miles to the West and slightly south of Almaty. We get to Taraz at 4 a.m. give or take...and go to the hotel...FINALLY that afternoon we go to the baby house to meet our baby!!!

It doesn't feel quite real yet - it's very hard to imagine being on the other side of the world, not speaking the language and bonding with our child...that is just crazy!!!

Well - this is it from New Britain, Conn. - next tme I post I will be in another country and that much closer to my baby...

No comments: