Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday in Taraz...

Hi all...

Thanks Auntie and Aunt Lois for the wedding updates!!! I'm dying for pictures...anyone?? Pictures???

We had another good day today...we started out with being able to have the hotel do some laundry for us!!! Woo hoo!!! Clean clothes are a good thing...my Ohio State sweatshirt was starting to walk around the room on it's own :)

We went with our translator to the Taraz museum, which was very interesting - Taraz is more than 2000 years old, so we were able to learn all about Drew's birth city. There was even a small thing about Jewish life in Taraz featuring a menorah and prayer book and a shirt with a Jewish star in silvery fabric on it, which was sorta wierd. I admit, I was afraid to ask if there was still any Jewish life in Taraz, besides me and Patrick at the moment..

Then we went to lunch - I had "pizza" - it was Ok, but not like "real" pizza....

Then it was off to visit Drew who was, of course, adorable today...we had him walking some more and crawling around and he was very cute. He laughed even more with us today and seemed to like putting a straw in my mouth, then pulling it out and putting it in his mouth and then back in my mouth - he thought that was very funny. Probably not too hygenic, but funny anyway. The best part of the visit for me was at the end when he was tired and he just snuggled against me wanting me to hold him...that moment makes the last almost five years worth every minute...I am so in love with this little one I can't stand it..

Today the orphange psychologist came in to take pictures with us and Drew - we think for court but we're not sure...she was only in there for about 2 minutes...it was sorta funny...

That's it from here for now...tomorrow we have a big outing planned to the grocery store...Drew is going through apple juice like water!

9 comments:

jodi said...

Everything sounds so wonderful. I can't wait to see more pictures of him. He's such a cutie!

KRISTI said...

Snuggling is the BEST! I'm so happy you are experiencing it with Drew.

Unknown said...

Mama is trying to tell you how happy she is for you. I am Ronnies' colleague. Let us know if you get this. Mazl Tov!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi......I am dpoing this from school.....My friend Natalie just sent you the ;ast comment from my school...Maor..... I just read your blog for the day....my grandson sounds so friendly!!!!!!! Takes after me!!!!!Love you.....

Kelly said...

Isn't snuggling great! I'm glad to hear this is going so well. It sounds like your not the only one in love! We'd love to see more pictures of the cutie.

Kelly, Greg and Cole

Unknown said...

Beth and Patrick,
We think of you every day here in Essex and are glad to hear that you've met and love Drew.
Keep smiling!
Esther

Unknown said...

Hi Beth and Patrick,
Thank you for allowing Kelly to share your wonderful journey with me. I always ask Kelly how you are and was amazed and overjoyed that you are there with this amazing child. He is very lucky you have entered his life and I wish you all the best.
Roberta

Unknown said...

It sounds like the bonding is working. What a wonderful feeling to snuggle with your little one. Wish I had pictures to send, there will be plenty when you get home. We would rather see more of Drew anyway. Can't send food, wish we could. Hang in there, pizza will be here when you get home. Love to all. AL & UH

auntie said...

I did not get on until late so sorry I did not write sooner. Of course I left my camera at home so pics from me are out. Isn't cuddling the best feeling in the world. Drew is a lucky young man to have two parents who will snuggle and kiss him all the time. Hopefully time will go by and pretty soon that little Drew will be on US soil. Just an Auntie note, if they sell bubbles there get some, the kids always loved to see them floating in the air.