Friday, October 26, 2007

His first English word......

is....

Wag!!!

Yes, as in wag the tail. Before we came here, I bought a book by Matthew Van Fleet called "Tails." It's an interactive book about different animal tails and on one page you can pull something and make the fox "wag, wag, wag" his tail...Drew loves that part so much he ripped the foxes' tails right out of the book, but today when I was reading that to him and I said wag, wag, wag, wag, he repeated the word wag...so there ya go - not mama, or dada, but wag... Carolyn - reminds me of Nicholas' exciting first word!!! LOL...

Another great day with Drew - there was juice and cookies and playing and discovering how much fun it is to hit daddy with a big balloon. Today we were in a room with two families from Belgium who are adopting babies as well. One has a 9-month old son and the other an 11-month old daughter. It occured to us that had we gotten there a few days earlier, and before these couples, one of their babies might be our baby instead of Drew. So much of this is random with no rhyme or reason to it. But after only 10 days, we can't imagine any other baby for us besides Drew. Besides, I'm sure he'd rather grow up in the USA than Belgium!!! Sorry- that was the "typical American" coming out in me!!

A quiet day here today...tomorrow we're going with our translator to the department store and Sunday she is taking is to the bazaar, which I think is like a flea market, but we will see...

Good night from Taraz....

Chris and Ben - If you guys are reading this, we miss and love you very much!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Patrick and Beth...I'm so excited for you! Your son is beautiful and you have given me the spring back in my step that I need to continue forward with our adoption. THANK YOU for sharing your experience with me!

Kelly said...

"Wag" - what a great word and it sounds like he was wagging daddy during the visit! I love that he ripped the fox tail out of the book - that's precious and says so much about his personality! We can't wait to meet him. Our fingers are crossed about court.

Kelly, Greg and Cole

Mama said...

Hey Guys,
Sounds like everyone is happy!!!!!! Wag is a good word, Peyton will like it the most. Make sure you email me, since we won't be able to chat until Sunday morning. Love you.....