Tuesday, October 16, 2007

We're in Almaty!!

Well, after a 22-hour plane trip, including 6 or so hours in the Frankfurt, Germany airport, we made it to Almaty at 2 a.m. Tuesday. Getting through customs was easier than I thought it would be, though the military people are intimidating!! Our luggage arrived safe and sound, which is better than we've had it traveling within the US!!

We are now at the Alma Ata noted (I think that's the right now) - we had a very nice room and spent some time today walking around. I felt VERY American and with jeans and a T-shirt on was the least well-dressed woman on the street...

We had cheese and bread for lunch today to play it safe...and thank goodness "coke" is the same in any language...

We're leaving at 6:40 p.m. on the "Soviet" train for Taraz and we arrive around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday (Kaz time), which is Tuesday afternoon on the East Coast. We will meet our baby tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!

13 comments:

jodi said...

I am so excited that you guys are almost there. I cannot wait to hear all about your first visit!

Unknown said...

is it really as nice of a city as everyone kept saying???? Cant wait to see pics of the baby

Miss you!

KRISTI said...

I'm so excited for you and I just got goosebumps. I can not wait to hear all about the baby.
(Sunshinehugs from FF)

auntie said...

So very happy for the two of you, I just love reading everything about your trip over. We can't wait to meet the new baby Sanders.
We love you guys.

Julie said...

Beth - This is so exciting!! Sounds like everything is going really well. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!
-Julie from FF

Applebee said...

Beth, so exciting! Since it's Tuesday afternoon here in the US, I'm assuming you've met your baby!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Lori Ann

Christine said...

I can't wait to hear all about your baby!!!! Glad you arrived safe and sound, complete with luggage!

Christine(redd1234)

Kelly said...

We're so excited for you guys. Cole is so excited to meet his new buddy - "Baby Sanders". Continued safe travels.

Carol said...

Dad and I are so excited. I know that you will have your little one very soon. All our love!

Anne said...

We're on pins and needles in our BG, Beth! We can't wait for the BIG NEWS!!!! Lots of love and hugs sent your way! (Anne from FF)

Laurie B said...

Beth and Patrick,
We are so excited and happy for you both. It's been too long a journey, but it will end with a beautiful addition to your family. You'll be such good parents! We can't wait to hear all about our new niece or nephew!
Love,
Laurie and Doug

Sara said...

I'm so excited for you! What an amazing experience! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Christeeen said...

Congrats on arriving and I cant wait to hear about meeting your baby went. Enjoy!! Cant wait to see pics. (Christeen from FF)