Thursday, December 6, 2007

Drew's good mail day...

So - Drew is not even here yet and he had a great mail day. In fact, he got more mail than I did today. Here's what he got today:

Drew S. E. Sanders got his United frequent flier mileage card...along with a credit card offer!!!! He's not even 18 months old, or a US citizen, and he's getting credit offers - do we live in a great country or what??!!

He also got some gifts from Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Bryan...including a gorgeous blanket with his name on it that looks so cute on his rocking chair. It's Drew's first personalized gift - he'll be so excited once he learns his name! He also got my favorite children's book ever, "I'll love you forever" (that may not be the exact title) - I cry every time I read it. Just looking at the cover makes me cry...

Now we're just getting everything ready for Patrick to go. He's doing laundry, I sorted out all the gifts for everyone (including some great reading books from cousin Marcy for Tanya - thank you again!!!). And you'll all be impressed to know that I wrote on the cards "Thank you very much. All the best" - in Russian! I am a whiz with the Cyrillic alphabet...I hope everyone likes their presents - I think they will...

I can't believe Patrick leaves tomorrow - we're soooo close now.

Thank you again to all our family and friends who have been so wonderful and interested in our story...we're almost there. Soon this chapter will end and our lives with Drew will begin.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck with the last-minute preparations! I can't believe that Patrick is leaving tomorrow! You're SO close now!

mom2themoose said...

Good luck and safe travels to your husband! It's SOOOOO close now!