Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

I wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year....I hope everyone has a great 2008!!

Well - I originally was going to end the blog today, but I may post here and there, just not as regularly as I have been...but people have been so interested, I hate to stop all together...

So - as 2007 comes to an end...thank you again to all our family and friends who supported us and helped us and cheered us on during this crazy year - from putting together our dossier, to waiting, to going to Kazakhstan for a month, to finally bringing Drew home....it's been a heck of a year!! :)

Drew continues to do great and every day does something that amazes us...his walking is outstanding - he's toddling around everywhere - not holding on and just doing great. He's babbling tons and making lots of different sounds now so I know the words are going to come in the next days or weeks - they are almost right there. He's eating everything we give him and loving it all - he's definitely not a picky eater like his mother!

Sleep is stil an issue, though we finally decided to say "screw it" and we are letting him cry a bit before going in to get him - it's working I think...last night he woke up around midnight, cried for a few minutes and fell back to sleep...I know the adoption books say not to do that, but hey, we all need to sleep better!!!

Drew is also being a typical 18-month old with always wanting his way and falling down on the floor, crying if he doesn't get it...so we are working through that as well...

All in all - Drew is doing great, adjusting well and enjoying life - he loves his dog Peyton, bathtime, throwing his toys around his room, holding the tube of bacetracin for me while I change his diapers, being carried down the stairs, playing with all of his toys - especially his blocks, all of his cell phones, his puzzles and all of his musical stuff, he loves being tickled by his mommy and daddy...really - he's a pretty happy kid - we are very lucky he is ours!!!

So - that's where we are at the end of 2007..can't wait to see what 2008 brings!!!

1 comment:

Holly and Dean said...

Happy New Year!!!! I still check in on you and Drew to see how you and your family are making out. It's nice to see that everything is going along fine. It still amazes me how our children are thriving. Best wishes for a great 2008!!!

Holly (and Dean)
Parents to Hannah and Olivia