Monday, December 17, 2007

Our first day together...

Today was a wonderful, wonderful day....it was so overwhelming and so fantastic and so many other adjectives that I don't even know where to begin...

I am amazed at how well Drew is doing...except for a brief period after dinner where he was crying for Patrick, he was fine all day - a happy little boy. I was shocked at how well he responded to me, but we were fine together - we played, he splashed in the bath and thought it was funny to get me all wet, he let me rock and sing him to sleep for his nap and again tonight.

He ate lots of first foods today: Cheeroies, maple and brown sugar oatmeal with milk, pretzels and Grandma Molly's Macaroni and Cheese (a family recipe!) were all huge hits!!! Bologna - not so much. Oh well...maybe we'll try turkey tomorrow and see how that goes.

He's not too thrilled with our beagle Peyton, though Peyton is very interested in Drew! Drew got a little better as the day wore on, but if Peyton got too close, Drew got scared. I'm sure by next week they will be the best of friends...

I still can't believe he's here and he's ours forever. I can't wait for all our families and friends to meet this great little boy who has already brought so much joy into our lives...

I'm gong to post some pictures from his plane ride home and his first day!!

3 comments:

mich said...

I am so happy for you all. He looks so amazingly happy and so do you. Love to you all. Enjoy this magical time with your son.

much love,
mich and family

mich said...

Beth...I keep forgeting to mention that if you need winter clothes. Please let me know. I have coats, snow pants, pants/sweaters etc..size wise let me know what you think might work. Adam would be happy to pass along his stuff to your new little man.

Mary G. said...

YEA!!! So glad your 'men' are home! Patrick must be so relieved. I did the last leg of the journey with Lola alone and I was SO READY to be home. Watch your first year fly by - and your right - no more doing what you want or watching SVU (although I sneak a few in here and there!)
Drew is adorable and we wish you all the best. HAPPY NEW YEAR!