Saturday, December 15, 2007

Last night without Drew....

Well, this is it...my last night alone - it's such a wierd feeling knowing that Drew will be here tomorrow and forever!!! I was downstairs watching TV and having a snack of pretzels and it hit me that from now on I won't be just hanging out at night doing whatever I feel like - there will be this little person here who will need me and demand my attention and probably won't want to watch Law and Order SVU!! It just feels so surreal right now and sort of incomprehensable...

Did lots of shoppng today - most of my Hanukah shopping and food shopping for Drew. I bought so much good food for him - I hope he likes it all! Then I cleaned the house and wrapped my presents. I'm so antsy and it's hard to sit still...

I got one last e-mial from Patrick from Kazakhstan - he said he and Drew are both sick of the hotel and irritable and ready to come home. It's 8 a.m. in Almaty right now so they are probably boarding the plane - I hope they get good seats! Drew's first plane ride - and what a ride it is!!

So - this big storm is still supposed to hit here early this morning and last through the afternoon. I hope they will be able to land and I hope I'll be able to drive to the airport to get them!! I get very nervous driving in sleet, snow and freezing rain...and it stinks that no one will most likely be able to come up to welcome Drew home...oh well - what can ya do? I guess that's what happens when your "Adoption (Gottcha) Day" is in December...thankfully Drew has a June birthday!!

Well, Peyton is laying next to me curled up on the blanket...he is in a for a rude awakening tomorrow when he's displaced by a 17-month old little boy!! LOL...

I've decided to keep the blog going through the end of the year - that seems like a good time to end this "book." Thank you again to all my friends, family, friends of family and everyone else who's been reading this blog and been so interested in our story. I can't wait to show this to Drew someday so he can see how many people were so excited for him to come into our lives. I hope he always knows how loved and wanted he is...

Good night...more tomorrow when Drew is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Mary G. said...

Wow! We're so happy for you! I hope you'll be able to pick up Drew and hubby with no problem. My husband and I were in Taraz one year ago adopting our little girl Lola. What a trip! I happened upon your blog tonight and my heart goes out to you...you must miss your 'boys' so much...Drew is adorable. Check out my blog for lots of pictures of Lola but also pics of Taraz.
maryaaronandbaby.blogspot.com

Denise :o) said...

Can't wait, can't wait!! This post gave me chills!! I remember that feeling the night before we left to pick Ivan up. Our lives have never been the same and I LOVE every minute of it!! You will too! ;o)

KRISTI said...

I'm soooooo excited for you and hope the weather is at least a little forgiving for you. Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!!!!!11

LA said...

Congratulations, Beth. I can't wait to hear all about Drew's homecoming.

marsrob said...

Hey Patrick and Beth!

Well, we are so sorry we missed seeing Patrick and Drew last night before you guys left Kaz..Aila had a horrible night. Today was a bit better, though. Thank goodness.

In any case, we hope you both arrive home safely and we wish all of you a wonderful, joyous reunion! We will hopefully have a chance to get together sometime in the near future with your family somewhere...maybe in CT or RI? Anyways, thinking of you all - Patrick, it was EXCELLENT to meet you and Drew and Beth we cannot wait to meet you as well....and we really are happy for all of you that this wild part of the journey is over...here's to a wonderful next part!

Warmly,

Jennifer & Marshall