Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lab work...

Today we went to Children's Hospital to do all of Drew's lab work. They have to check to make sure he's had all the vaccines Kazakhstan says he's had and check for a few other things too - in all they took 7-8 vials of blood - he was not happy...I felt so awful, and even worse cause I couldn't look as I get sick from the sight of blood.

As with all medical stuff, they had to fill out some forms on him, one of which asked a lot of questions about when he was born. Mind you, I told these people from the begining that he had to get all the blood work because he had only recently come home from Kazakhstan. Still, these people asked me the name of the hospital he was born in and what time he was born!!!! I actually laughed at that one and said, "I don't know, does it really matter? I can make up a time if you want." So stupid!!! Even if I did know the time of his birth, why does it matter to test if he's had certain vaccines??????? I was born at 12:13 p.m. - I don't really think that has ever affected any blood work I've had! Yes, that question really bugged me! :)

But the good news is we got our new insurance cards today with Drew's name included - so he's official! Now we need to get him a Social Security number and a tax number and a bunch of other stuff I told myself I would not think about until Jan. 2.

So, other than the blood stuff Drew had a good day - though he's starting to get rough with the dog so we need to put an end to that...I also caught him trying to eat cheerios like Peyton does, wth his mouth off the couch, which was really funny actually, but not something to encourage!

1 comment:

KRISTI said...

Oh those questions are so terrible. Now, at the top of all those health history sections, I write "adopted/unknown".

I love, though, when I have to fill out medical information (Specifically, "How many pregnancies have you had?" and then "How many children do you have?" ). That always makes them do a double take! :)