Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Baby ipods???

So...do they make little plastic ipods for babies??? Drew wants one for Hanukkah! And no grama, that was not a hint!!! I know you....

Today he discovered dad's ipod and the great song, "I love my beagle," by GrandBob (note: That is on PATRICK's ipod, not mine!!!!) He was doing what we call butt dancing to the song and was fascinated by the headphones and plugging them in and taking them out of the ipod...the poor child actually cried when we took the ipod away when it was time for him to go back to his group...

Other than that...his cold was really yucky today and he was a little grumpy - I would be grumpy too with his cold - I just want to aspirate his little nose out and take him into the bathroom, close the door and turn on the hot shower to clear out his chest...unfortunately, we can't do that in the orphanage so that will have to wait until we get home...

Of course we read "Tails" today and Drew ate and was upset when mom ran out of food. But there was lots of apple juice to be had, so that was a good substitute...

A few more of my Kazakhstan observations...

1. They make amazing bread here!!!! As much as the food is killing me, the bread is so soft and good. I also discovered this bread filled with potato thing for breakfast - they sell them at the corner store across from our hotel for 25 tenghe...that's about 15-18 cents of so.

2. Things are very cheap here!!! A gallon of gas is equal to less than a dollar! $1 = 120 tenghe and a gallon of gas is about 80-85 tenghe. Of course, to compare, 1 euro = about 172 tenghe - just to show how weak the dollar is in comparison.

3. Insted of bagging leaves, people burn the leaves...so at the end of the day the air smells like smoke and there's a haze over the city.

And that's it for today from Kazakhstan...

Happy Election Day - I hope everyone is going to vote today - it's very important. Jackie, Michelle, if you're reading this girlfriends - I hope you two especially are voting!! (LOL - does that remind you of our DC days??) And no, I didn't get an absentee ballot in before we left - I thought I'd be home by now...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

no ipods especially for babies, but the new ipod shuffle is pretty tiny and not that expensive...and it comes in cool colors. Maybe me nephew would like that for hannukah

mom2themoose said...

They actually DO make a toy iPod for babies and it's such a huge hit, it's THE toy I buy for every kid's first birthday party. It's put out by Parents Magazine and you can find it at Target or wherever. It's THE BEST car toy!!! It's only around $10 or so and it's really a toy that they will play with for months.
:)

jodi said...

You're too funny. You guys will be home before you know it, and Drew will follow soon after!