Friday, November 9, 2007

Sick little boy....

We only got to see Drew for a minute today because he was sick :( He's had a pretty bad cold on and off since we met him, but today he had a fever too and was sleeping on and off most of the day. We got to see him for a minute and he just looked sad and sick - it broke my heart to leave him, but he was in good hands snuggled under a big blanket and waiting for his fever to break.

I did get to take some pictures of the upstairs are of the orphanage for him...so it was a short, but good trip.

Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.

Today we also saw our first snowfall of the season - it snowed about 3-4 inches between last night and this morning. Taraz actually looks very pretty with the snow-covered trees. By tomorrow it should all be a big, sludgy mess!!

Not much else new here...hopefully I'll have a more exciting report tomorrow...

I hope we have a good dinner tonight - it's always a crapshoot with what you'll get. Today I bought what I thought was potato-filled bread for lunch, and when I bit into it I found out it was onion-filled bread - yuck!!

Patrick and I are already planning our 6-hour layover in Frankfurt on Wednesday. After getting off the plane we will go to the area with the reclining chairs, where one of us will save them and the other will go to McDonald's to buy McChicken sandwiches! Yes, it is sad that we have talked about this - and more than once I'm sort of ashamed to admit.

Jodi and Kelly - Your comments made me smile today - thank you!! I miss you both.....

Chris and Ben - Miss you guys very much!! Hope you have a good weekend - can't wait to actually talk to you...

4 comments:

jodi said...

I hope he feels better soon. Pretty soon, you and Patrick will be the ones who get to take care of him when he gets sick. I wonder what Peyton is going to think of Drew! Luckily they have McD's all over the place. Too bad they didn't have it where you are.

KRISTI said...

Poor poor baby! It's so hard to see your child sick, but I'm sure it's even harder when you can't do anything about it. Now don't you two get sick!

Christine said...

Love all the pics of beautiful Drew! I hope he is feeling better soon!

So crazy that they put the kids in so many layers--good golly, what do they wear when it really gets cold?

Love reading your updates!

(redd1234)

Sara said...

I'm sorry Drew is sick! Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon, and that you don't catch whatever it is.

Don't be embarrassed about your Frankfurt plans. It's completely understandable.