Sunday, November 11, 2007

Today...and tomorrow...

Had another good day with Drew today- there was lots of looking in the mirror and waving at the other baby in there, waving of little flags (Hey Suzanne - tell Brie to watch out - Drew's pretty good with flags!!), going down the slide, eating cookies...and then came the shot!

About halfway through our visit the doctor came in to give him a shot. He was so scared as soon as he saw her and tried to cover up his little butt so she couldn't get him...I couldn't even watch! It was over quickly and I got to comfort him and he was OK...with the help of Dad, juice and a cookie too. The shots must be helping though - he's sooo much better than he has been!

Drew was also talkative today. In addition to saying "bap, bap, bap" (which Patick says is really "pap, pap, pap...") he said "ma, ma, ma," which, while I'd like to believe he was saying mama, it was his way of imitating Patrick saying "meow" while playing with a toy cat.

I can't believe tomorrow is our last day with him. I can't imagine kissing his little face and saying good bye. It will break my heart... :(

Of course tomorrow is also one of the most important days of our lives as we go to court and try to explain how much we want this little boy and how much he has captured out hearts in the last three weeks. I don't think there are words to explain how much we want him and how much we need him.

I've never been in front of a judge in my life - except my father of course! I'm sure I will think of him as I go into the court room tomorrow - I hope he will be looking down and guiding the judge somehow. I know that probably sounds silly, huh? Oh well, it's my blog and I can sound silly!! :)

When we started telling people we were adopting, some people told us how wonderful it was that we were saving a little child who otherwise would grow up in an orphanage. It's really the opposite though. We are the lucky ones to be given the honor of raising him and being his parents. It's an honor that we will never take for granted - it took us too long and we went through too much to get to this point to take it for granted. And if I ever forget that, you all better remind me!!

So...I hope you all will cross your fingers or say some prayers for us tomorrow. I will let you know as soon as I can how it went...Your support over the last days, weeks, months and years has meant more than you will know. I could not have made it this far without you all.

Amy - So glad to see you and Jared on here!!!! Welcome to my blog! :)

Cole (and Kelly) - Drew would love to accept the invitiation to lunch!!! Look at Cole being such a big boy eating cereal!!! Wow!!! Maybe he'll be on fruits by the time Drew comes home and they can really have a feast together!!! We can't wait to see you all...

Aunt Lo - Hope the sleepover went well and the boys let you get some sleep...

Auntie - Have fun talking about Drew!!! I could talk about him forever!!!

Jodi - As always, your comments are perfect :)

So - good night from Taraz...I'll update you all tomorrow...have a good day...

And, of course...Go Browns!!!! :)

7 comments:

jodi said...

You are going to do great in court. Once the judge starts talking to you and asking you questions, all of your thoughts and feelings are just going to come pouring out. It might even feel like you are telling your dad all about Drew and what he means to you and Patrick. I'll be thinking of you!!

KRISTI said...

I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how court went.

As far as leaving, Drew, remember it's just one sad moment in a LIFETIME of happiness.

auntie said...

We are all thinking of you and know things will go great. Of course the "head judge" is looking down along with many others that are in your corner. Daddy knows how important this is and he always came through for you. A million kisses from New Jersey.
Yes, everyone also knows that adoption is a two way street each side becomes richer in so many ways. Drew will be welcomed into a loving family and you two will become the parents of one terrific kid.

Kelly said...

We will be thinking of you guys and can't wait to hear how it goes. Your mom and dad will both be there watching over everything and I'm sure they'll be checking in on Drew when you return to the U.S. to work on making Drew's new home perfect for him. We love you guys!

Kelly, Greg and Cole

Unknown said...

The sleep over went great. Adam slept longer than ever, 7 !/2 hrs. up for 15 min. than back for 4 more. Of course we are all keeping you in our prayers. By the time you read this it will be tomorrow and you probably have already been to the judge. If not think about this as you see him " here come the judge, here come the judge" that should calm you a little. I hope you heard of laugh-in where this line came from. Kisses to Drew, Patrick and of course you. Love you AL & UH Glad Drew is feeling better.

Sara said...

Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great. I can't wait to hear the good news.

Christine said...

This post brought tears to my eyes!

Have a great day tomorrow--I know it will go well!

(redd1234)