Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Merry-Go-Round....

Hi all...

Before I forget - I'm so glad to hear there are baby ipods - thank you!! Target here I come!!!

Today Patrick and I were rebel parents once again. We were all really bored in the tiny room and after seeing my 10th little bug crawling around I had to get the hell out of there!!! Plus, I thought maybe sunshine and fresh air would help Drew's congestion and cough. I'll preface the rest of this by saying it was about 65 degrees today and sunny.

Drew was wearing his usual two shirts, two pants (one with feet), socks and slippers - more than enough clothes for a sunny, 65-degree day. So, we put on his little hat and got ready to leave the room and Tonya said, "You need a coat for him."

Patrick just looked at her and said, "No, he's fine. We're not putting a coat on him."

"But the orphanage workers will get angry," Tonya said.

"Well, he'll be fine," Patrick said...and out Drew went...

He had a great time with dad pushing him on the Merry-Go-Round (which had no seatbelt in it - you'd think they would be more concerned about that!!). He also liked just being outside and seeing the sun.

When we went back inside, we learned that Drew likes to stick out his tongue at us, and lunge at us with his arms out for us to catch him - he was soo funny!!!

After our visit, Patrick and I went back to the restaurant in the nearby hotel where they didn't want to wait on us a few days ago (if you remember from my previous blog entry). This time there were other people there, so it went well. Of course the people at the next table, who were from somewhere in Europe, were talking loudly about how most Americans can't find their own country on a map and how most of us don't know that there's a country called Georgia, as well as a state.

So, after glaring at them, I sort of loudy said, "I'm an American and I can find my country on a map and I know that there's a country and a state called Georgia." Well, they stopped talking about Americans and started stereoptyping people of other nationalities.

Yes, it really is time to come home I think!!!!!! :)

I forgot to comment on the Colts-Pats game we missed this past weekend - wow!!! Jodi and Ron - you guys must be psyched - 8-0. The '72 Dolphins are getting worried...

To my favorite Browns' fans Christopher and Nicholas - yeah - a winning record!!! Let's enjoy it while we can guys - we play the Steelers this weekend...

Hello to everyone else and I'm so glad to hear from so many of you who are enjoying the blog...Im having fun writing it and it will be a great journal for Drew to read someday..

Special hellos to all my littlest cousins: Zachary, Adam, Cattie, Breele, Jordyn, Melissa, Kaitlyn, Rebecca and Leah...and to all the Bakers!!!

I'll be back tomorrow...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

It sounds like visits are going really well and Drew is enjoying your time together. It's so good to hear...Keep having a good time and don't let the strange rules get in the way!

Kelly, Greg and Cole

Elissa said...

Hi Beth, Patrick and Drew!

I really enjoy reading your blogs and learning about Drew and Kazakhstan. Drew appears to be a resilient little boy with a great sense of humor. He must take after his mother (sorry Patrick - I am sure you have a great sense of humor, too. I just know that Beth has me in stitches for the 2 years we lives together!)

And good for you for putting those Europeans in their place!

By the way, thanks for the math/money exchange lesson. But by the time you get home gas will be well over $3 a gallon!

Love,
Elissa

jodi said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time. It's too bad that you are limited with what you can do. But he'll have tons of time when he goes home with you guys to experience lots of fun things. I can totally picture you saying that at the restaurant. You are too funny! It is awesome about the Pats especially after the Red Sox.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blogs. It sure gives us a reality check at what other countries are doing and how the feel about Americans. Instead of a journal how about a book? You would be helping others who will be adopting and entertaining so many others. Your comments are so funny. Maybe a movie will come of it. Drew looks so happy in the pictures. I am sure he will miss you and be so excited when you come back to get him. I hope they keep a picture of you and Patrick to show him when you are not there? Love you, keep up the great work. AL & UH

auntie said...

You guys look so happy together, yes, I agree time to leave that country and come home. But my Beth being nasty never. (ha)
Drew will just need some good old American/Jewish/Italian cooking and he will forget Kazakhstan's yucky food. We all have what ever we can cross crossed that everything from now on goes smoothly. Love to the three of you and extra kisses to Drew.