Saturday, November 24, 2007

Shopping and more shopping...

Did lots of shopping yesterday and today for Drew...tons of clothes, some cute sneakers, socks, bibs, toys and a new "Tails" book!!! I couldn't resist - this way he has another book to rip up on the long trip home...something tells me this won't be the last copy of "Tails" that we buy for Drew...

Based on what I'm read on the message boards about the baby house in Taraz, it seems like the quarantine due to flu is more of a precaution than anything and not anything major to worry about. I still haven't heard from either our agency or our coordinator in Kazakhstan, so until I do I'm trying not to worry too much. I just hope Drew isn't too sick...

The painting of the room has begun!!!! Patrick is working hard (well, right now he's watching TV, but he has been working hard!!) and it's starting to come together and look good - I will post pictures when it's done and the furniture is in there. That room has been a guest room for so long it's hard to imagine that three weeks from tomorrow someone will be living there!!!

We saw Carolyn, Dave and Nicholas today...Nicholas gave Drew his old clothes, an old car seat and some other stuff...thank you Nicholas!!!! I know Drew can't wait to meet you....

Well - that's it for now...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Beth,
Just checking in to see how you 2 are doing w/out Drew. I read about the flu outbreak...oh what a bummer. I am so with you on "How does anyone do this adoption paperwork 2x?". It does seem like it never ends! Our dossier is now at the 2nd ministry so our agency expects to hear from KAZ in the next few weeks. (although I hear they close for 3 weeks over the holidays). I am SO NERVOUS, but just seeing how beautiful Drew is makes me excited!

Congrats...and I'm rooting for 12/16 when Drew hits US soil!

Michelle, of Los Angeles (yahoo group)