Saturday, November 17, 2007

Registering....

We registered today at Babies R Us!!!! It was the first time in years I didn't completely dread walking into that store...it's a completely different feeling to walk in there now. We registered for all the usual stuff - car seat (thanks Aunt Lois!), high chair, booster seats, stroller, bath stuff, sippy cups, toys, books, etc...Gotta love the zapper!!

We also bought a diaper bag, umbrella stroller for Patrick to use in the airport with Drew, a cute UConn outfit for Drew's homecoming, a cute Pooh outfit and a winter jacket! Oh, and the classic "Goodnight Moon!" So, Drew isn't even home yet and his stuff is all over the house and his room is a mess! Guess we should get used to it...

Drew will be home four weeks from today...I hope it goes by fast...I hope he's OK - I hate not knowing how he is or what he's doing - he should be home with me...

Not much new other than that...Randy and Michelle are gtting married tomorrow (Congrats!!) ,so I will be going to that with my dates Ron and Katie, and Patrick will stay home to do work on Drew's room.

That's all from here...tonight I'm finishing all the laundry from our trip and making my shopping list for Thanksgiving dinner!! Anyone have a good potatoe recipe??? Still not sure how I want to cook those...

Congrats to RU, which beat Pitt today!!!

1 comment:

Denise Lavoie said...

Dear Beth and Patrick,
Congratulations on your son. Drew is adorable.
I remember the waiting between trips so well. The time will go by fast, and soon you will have your son home with you.
I enjoyed reading about your adoption journey. Makes me want to do it again!
Parenting has so many joys. What a wonderful thing.
Wishing you all the best with your new son,
Denise Lavoie