Monday, November 12, 2007

Court...

Well, we went to court!!!

We had to sign a piece of paper saying that we would not talk about the proceedings, so I can't say much, but all looks good!!!!! Everyone there recommended us for adoption and tomorrow we get the judge's official ruling...it's nerve wracking having to wait, though I can't imagine we won't be approved. Still, until it's official, it's hard to wait....

We also had to say goodbye to Drew today, which was awful :( He was pretty subdued this morning when we visited him - he wanted to sit on our laps a lot and just play quietly. It's almost like he knew. We were allowed to take a picture of him with his group, which was geat! It will be a wonderful thing to be able to show him when we tell him his adoption story (probably over and over and over again - every kid likes to hear their story, right?? I remember mine - it was a hot June day, Uncle Lenny was graduating from Penn State, my father didn't have his car with the air conditioning cause my granparents had it so they could drive to Penn, etc...I won't bore you all with the rest!!)

When we had to hand Drew back to his caregivers, he kept wanting to come to Patrick and me and was holding out his hands for us - it killed me to have to let him go for the final time. I, of course, cried like a baby. I already told him he's never going to sleep away camp!!! I just want him home...

So - that's it from Taraz...we leave here in a few hours...

We will be in Almaty for about 14 hours before we catch our plane, so I'm not sure if I will have Internet access or not. If not, I'll try and do a blog update once we get to Germany - gotta kill that 6 hours layover somehow, right? Of course the blog will have to wait until after I hit McDonald's - after my 95 percent carb diet for the past month, I gotta get some food. Though you'll all be happy to know my skirt fit fine today, so I guess the carb diet isn't all bad :)

It's been so much fun keeping in touch with everyone through my blog and introducing you all to Drew - I can't wait until you can all meet him in person!!!

Dasvidanya...

3 comments:

jodi said...

Of course the judge is going to say he will be lucky to have you and Patrick as parents. That will be the last time you have to say goodbye to him like that. So how many times have you dreamed about McD's???? Can't wait til you get home!

auntie said...

We can't imagine anything not going in your favor but I can understand how mind boggling this whole ordeal has been. Leaving Drew must have been hard and words at this time cannot comfort you both. Just remember that there are so many people here crying with you as we read your blog. I agree no camp ever, but look who is talking I never left Grams. Much love and try to be calm.

Anne said...

Everything xx crossed xx and lots of prayers going up for you, Beth. I thought of you often today wondering how court was. I pray the time passes quickly until Drew is back in your arms! Have a safe trip back home.

XOXO
Anne (from FF)