Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hello from Almaty....

We arrived in Almaty around 9:30 this morning and we're here for another 10 hours or so before we head to the airport.

We were met at the train station by our coordinator Galina and spent some time signing our paperwork for the embassy and the papers we need to get Drew his passport, US citizenship, etc...so it looks like all is good!!!!!! The 15-day appeal period starts today, and once it's up, it's another 2 weeks to get all of his papers in order, as they have to go from Taraz to Almaty to the capital Astana and back and forth all over the country.

Right now, it looks like Patrick will return to Kaz. on Dec. 9 or so and Drew will come home the 15 or 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll be missing Hanukkah and Tree Trimming, but I just want to have him home!!!!!

So...I think that's it from Kazakhstan for me...looking forward to gettting home and getting everything ready for our little guy...

Talk to you all from US soil!!!!!

7 comments:

jodi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is wondeful news. I hope the rest of your traveling goes smoothly!

auntie said...

Congratulations to all of you. The boys must be so excited too. Who cares about tree trimming as long as Drew in the USA. We will plan a date and do it all by ourselves. Much love to all of you.

Christeeen said...

Can't wait til you come home. I loved reading all of your blogs. I can only imagine how hard it was to leave Drew - but he will be home FOREVER with you booth in less than a month!!!
I will update you on things with me when you return - dont worry its all good. I am looking forward to our lunch as well. Have a safe trip home!! We miss you on our little board.

Elissa said...

Beth & Patrick,
CONGRAT!!!! I am so very happy for you! Reading your daily blogs have really touched my heart. Beth, you really need to write a book about your experience. I would buy it! Have a safe trip home.

Michelle said...

Wow! FANTASTIC...you did it! Coming home will be the best but so hard to not have him with you. I can't believe I'll be walking in your shoes in just a few short months.

I LOVE your comment about "no overnight camps, I just want him home"! I'll check in with you when he is 14 and we'll see what you think then!

I'm so happy for you and your family Beth. It is a MAJOR accomplishment to complete this adoption, and you did it!!!

Take care, Michelle of Los Angeles

Sara said...

Yay! You're almost there now. Have a great trip back. Just think, in less than a month, Drew will be yours FOREVER!!!

Laurie B said...

Beth and Patrick,

Congratulations on completing your trip! You've jumped through so many hoops and have been through so much to get to this point, and now it's just a few short weeks until you have your son with you for good! I'm so happy for you both!

I've enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for keeping all your friends and family up to date on your adoption journey. We've been behind you every step of the way!

Have a safe trip back home. I hope the time until Drew joins you flies by!

Love,
Laurie