Friday, November 23, 2007

Flu outbreak at orphanage!!

We heard yesterday that there was an outbreak of flu at the baby house and no visitors are being allowed in until next week!! Apparently not all of the groups are affected, but we have no idea if Drew's little group has the flu or not. We have e-mails into our coordinator and our agency, so hopefully we will hear soon!!!

I'm worried about my little boy... :(

Thanks so much to Katja for letting us know abut this situation so hopefully we can find out more. Katja and her husband are one of the seven Belgian couples adopting from Taraz right now. I always thought it was so great that even though they all went through lots of rough patches (and are continuing to) that they all had each other there. We were the only American family at the baby house at the time we were there. We didn't even meet any other Americans during our month-long stay...

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving - we had a great time! I messed up the mashed potatoes though. Because we keep kosher we have to use non-dairy creamer instead of milk and I mistakenly bought Amaretta (sp??) flavored non-dairy creamer!!! Of course I had no idea until my brother told me later that night...So the potatoes sucked, but I gave everyone something to talk about for the next 20 or so Thanskgivings!!!

I'm at work now - there's hardly anyone here...I'm hitting the outlets at lunch to do some major shopping for Drew!!!

No comments: